Pathnostics Launches COVID-19 PCR Test, A Laboratory-Based Molecular Test
On May 04, 2020, Pathnostics launched our COVID-19 PCR testing. Additional information available in our PRESS RELEASE.
What makes a PCR test different from a serology (blood) test?
- PCR detects the genetic information of the virus. That’s only possible if the virus is there and someone is actively infected.
- The COVID-19 PCR Test is a sensitive molecular test that targets the detection of three SARS-CoV 2 genes and provides information as to those patients that are currently infectious.
- PCR test results give a good indication of who is infected. This is information that can break the transmission chain of the virus.
The COVID-19 PCR Test offers:
- Simple specimen collection – Samples are collected with a nasal swab, which is fast and painless.
- Safe chain of custody measures – Samples are transferred from the patient to the lab in a proprietary buffer that inactivates the virus, keeping the healthcare and other essential workers safe during specimen transit.
- No out-of-pocket costs for insured patients.
- Cash pay price is $100.
For more information, please check out our Covid-19 PCR & Respiratory Pathogens Test Fact Sheet.