Pathnostics Is Launching Guidance Pre Prostate Biopsy Rectal Swab (GPPBRS) Test
Pathnostics is pleased to launch our Guidance Pre Prostate Biopsy Rectal Swab (GPPBRS) Test
What is GPPBRS Test?
- The Guidance Pre Prostate Biopsy Rectal Swab (GPPBRS) test identifies antimicrobials that may be used prophylactically by using our patented Pooled-Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing technology to determine the presence or absence of resistance genes.
- When an appropriate antimicrobial is used before and after the prostate biopsy procedure, the risk of infection is reduced.
- The GPPBRS test is the ONLY test that combines PCR & patented Pooled Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (P-AST) technology so the Urologist is able to precisely identify and prescribe antibiotics PRIOR to the prostate biopsy procedure thereby significantly reducing the chances of sepsis for the patient.
Key Differences Between GPPBRS Test Versus Culture Test
- Faster Turn-Around Time – GPPBRS test will provide results in 24 – 48 hours while culture test takes more than 72 hours.
- Easy-To-Interpret Lab Report – GPPBRS lab report is based on the concept of our famous Guidance UTI lab report.
- Tests for Mutualism – GPPBRS utilizes the patented Pooled Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (P-AST) to test for mutualism while culture cannot.
- Tests for Resistance Genes – GPPBRS tests for 8 resistance genes while culture tests for 0.
For more information, please check out our Guidance Pre Prostate Biopsy Rectal Swab Fact Sheet.