BETTER POST-ACUTE CARE STARTS
WITH BETTER TESTS
Getting your residents back to good health is your specialty. Supporting your facility with fast, accurate testing is ours. We help advance the care you provide by offering a better way to diagnose and manage infections.
BETTER POST-ACUTE CARE STARTS WITH BETTER TESTS
Getting your residents back to
good health is your specialty.
Supporting your facility with
fast, accurate testing is ours.
We help advance the care
you provide by offering a
better way to diagnose and
PRIORITIZING PREVENTION & CONTROL
Your center plays a critical role in your residents’ health care, while Pathnostics’ plays a critical role in improving your ability to mitigate and manage medical complications.
Through timely and cost-effective diagnostics, our tests take the “guessing game” out of your approach to managing urinary tract and respiratory infections. Lower rates of hospital readmission mean residents get more personal attention from your staff – which also means residents can get to good health sooner.
Scroll down to learn more about how our Guidance UTI, COVID-19 and Respiratory Pathogens tests can empower your infection management and speed up your residents’ road to recovery.
In post-acute care facilities, urinary tract infections are common and costly1. The Guidance UTI test combines PCR technology with our unique Pooled Antibiotic Susceptibility TestingTM technology to provide personalized therapy options, offering quick and effective UTI diagnosis and therapy options. Using Guidance UTI for UTI diagnosis and management may also lead to improved quality measures such as:
Lower Recurrent Infection Rates2
Accurate treatment for polymicrobial infections allows for improved outcomes and limits recurrence – and help advance antibiotic stewardship initiatives.
UTI symptoms can include confusion and altered mental status, while frequent restroom trips create increased risk for falls.
Timely and effective treatment of UTIs improve outcomes, resulting in fewer ER visits or readmission. In fact, Guidance UTI has proven to reduce emergency department visits and hospital admissions by 13.7% when compared to standard urine cultures3.
RESPIRATORY PATHOGENS TEST
COVID-19, flu, and Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) share overlapping signs and symptoms, and coinfection may occur. A recent study shows that 20.7% of patients who tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 also tested positive for other respiratory pathogens like flu and RSV.4 The Pathnostics Respiratory Pathogens Test differentiates between the virus that causes COVID-19 with flu and RSV. By testing for COVID-19, Flu, and RSV with single nasal swab, this all-in-one test allows for precise and more efficient disease management and treatment.
Molecular testing has significantly higher sensitivity and specificity than rapid antigen tests.
Tests for 4 respiratory pathogens with one swab.
Nasal swab allows for simple and easy collection.
The Pathnostics RT-PCR based SARS-CoV-2 test detects active COVID-19 infection with simple collection, reliable results, and fast turnaround time.
- Nasal swab for fast and painless sample collection
- PCR Tests are the gold standard for COVID-19 testing.
- 100% sensitivity/100% specificity (analytical performance)
- Results within 48 hours from specimen receipt
HEAR FROM OTHER FACILITIES
From preventing hospital readmission to discovering an effective antibiotic recommendation that had not shown up on previous results, Guidance UTI has been shown to benefit residents and providers alike at of post-acute care facilities.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TESTS:
The only test that leverages Pooled Antibiotic Susceptibility Testing (P-AST)™, Guidance UTI is a rapid molecular test that points the way to swift diagnosis and personalized therapy options for recurrent UTIs, prostatitis, and more.
The Pathnostics Respiratory Pathogens Test utilizes highly specific and sensitive multiplex PCR technology for the detection of SARS-Cov-2, Influenza A, Influenza B, or respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).
The Pathnostics COVID-19 RT-PCR molecular test targets the detection of three SARS-CoV-2 genes and provides reliable results within 48 hours from specimen receipt.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TESTS
Fill out the form and select one or more of our tests. One of our
post-acute care account representatives will contact you.
1. Rowe TA, Juthani-Mehta M. Urinary tract infection in older adults. Aging health. 2013 Oct;9(5):10.2217/ahe.13.38. doi: 10.2217/ahe.13.38. PMID: 24391677; PMCID: PMC3878051).
2. Ipe DS, Sundac L, Benjamin WH, et al (2013) Asymptomatic bacteriuria: prevalence rates of causal microorganisms, etiology of infection in different patient populations, and recent advances in molecular detection. Fems Microbiol Lett 346:1–10. https://doi.org/10.1111/1574-6968.12204)
3. Daly A, Baunoch D, Rehling K, Luke N, Campbell M, et al. Utilization of M-PCR and P-AST for Diagnosis and Management of Urinary Tract Infections in Home-Based Primary Care. JOJ Urology & Nephrology. 2020;7(2):555707. doi: 10.19080/JOJUN.2020.07.555707
4. Kim D, Quinn J, Pinsky B, Shah NH, Brown I. Rates of Co-infection Between SARS-CoV-2 and Other Respiratory Pathogens. JAMA. 2020 May 26;323(20):2085-2086. doi: 10.1001/jama.2020.6266. PMID: 32293646; PMCID: PMC7160748.