This retrospective study was designed to determine if Multiplex-Polymerase Chain Reaction (M-PCR) is safe to use in the urology practice. The test results of 582 elderly patients presenting with symptoms of lower urinary tract infections from one location in the United States were retrospectively reviewed relative to Standard Urine Culture. Based upon the results of this study, M-PCR is safe to use, furthermore the speed and accuracy of the test may have clinical significant advantages.
- New Large-Patient Study Reveals Significant Reduction in Hospital Admissions from Pathnostics® Advanced UTI Test
- How to Reduce the Overall Cost of a Urinary Tract Infection
- Urogenital Mycobacterium Tuberculosis: What Should Urologists Know?
- What is the Best Treatment Path for a UTI?
- Human Herpes Virus 6 (HHV-6)