This retrospective study was designed to determine if Multiplex-Polymerase Chain Reaction (M-PCR) is safe to use in the urology practice. The test results of 582 elderly patients presenting with symptoms of lower urinary tract infections from one location in the United States were retrospectively reviewed relative to Standard Urine Culture. Based upon the results of this study, M-PCR is safe to use, furthermore the speed and accuracy of the test may have clinical significant advantages.
- Human Herpes Virus 6 (HHV-6)
- Group A Streptococcus: Diagnosis and Management of Group A Strep Urogenital Infections
- How to Reduce the Overall Cost of a Urinary Tract Infection
- What is the Best Treatment Path for a UTI?
- Pathnostics Announces the Launch of GUIDANCE Hematuria to Investigate Possible Infectious Causes for Asymptomatic Hematuria